The name is Darice de Cuba, born on Aruba 38 years ago. Residing in The Hague, Netherlands. Speaks a good amount of Papiamento, Spanish, English, Dutch and some basic sign language. Can also lipread in all previous mentioned languages. Works as a front-end developer with a passion for accessibility and inclusiveness. Got questions? Might have answers at darice [at] darice.org
I also write elsewhere in Dutch. About a variety of personal topics related to me being late-deaf.
- Late-deaf since 2007
- Red Haired
- Reading; currently into science fiction
- Writing; blogs and newsletters
- Cooking and food in general, I keep a food guide of my go to places in The Hague.
- Photography; currently shooting with a Panasonic Lumix TZ70
This website has been around since 2003. Supplied by Macintosh, late night coding and eager youth. These days it sees a new post once in a while. The current design, Minimalista 2.1, is my playground to try new CSS3 techniques and font combinations. All photos are mine or from Unsplash
simplicity is the ultimate sophistication -Da Vinci
- Get yourself a good web hosting with Siteground
- My Bol.com wishlist
- Goodreads – What I’m reading